Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So Much For That!!!

Today I met with one of the best Neurosurgeons in Nashville. (Don't believe me? Here's Dr. Howell's profile - of the Howell-Allen Clinic in Nashville). He was an awesome doctor - I would highly recommend him for anyone who needs a neurosurgeon in the area.

He said that he's not experienced enough with brachial plexus surgery to take this lump out. He insisted it must come out, and was concerned over its growth and new pain.

He promised he would find me the person he would want operating on his brachial plexus. He wants to try Vanderbilt, but mentioned that the surgery might not be in Nashville. He said he would 'have no problem calling across the country to find the right surgeon to do the surgery'.

I guess I didn't realize how complicated this really is. I thought surely this was a common neurosurgery issue, and they would schedule me right in and take it out, no problems (besides maybe some physical therapy, etc).

He's calling me back in the next few days with more information. I'm hoping to get this sucker out soon, but I'm not holding my breath. I swear, nothing is ever simple when it comes to my medical issues!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dang Kate... You are a mess (I mean that in the nicest way!)... I am glad the doctor is so helpful... Hopefully you will get the services and help you need. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete