Wednesday, January 21, 2009

News on the 'Tumor'

The MRI identified the previously labeled 'lymph node' as a 'soft tissue tumor' that is 'most likely of neural origin'. If you're like me, you have no idea what that means.
It is a nerve tumor. It is not just in my nerve sheath, it is actually inside the medial nerve fibers.
So, in order to get it removed, I have to see a neurosurgeon.
If they have to cut the nerve section out to get the tumor out, I will have to have a nerve graft from elsewhere in my body (usually the leg) implanted into the spot where it's removed.
Regardless, I will have some loss of function of my right arm - we're just hopeful it will be minimal.
It has grown from 3.9 x 2.9 x 2.0 cm to 4.0 x 3.0 x 2.8 cm in 2 weeks, which is NOT a good sign.
The radiologist identified it as a 'possible neurofibroma', which is usually a benign condition, but the benign tumors BECOME malignant - and when this happens they usually grow rapidly. The good news is that they don't metatasticize to other areas - it is self-contained. So, it will only be in my armpit *if* it just so happens it's not benign.

Better than the lymphoma option, no matter what way you look at it!
I ended up at the doctor's office yesterday due to another freaky health issue. Sunday my face had a (hot) rash on it. Then Monday, the face rash faded and I had a crazy rash on my upper arms. It then spread to the full length of my arms and my trunk (mostly my back). Apparently I have Parvovirus, or Fifths Disease. My kids have it too, but all they have is the 'slapped cheeks' (seriously, that's a medical term!) and a runny nose. They got off easy!
The Hubs has inventory this weekend, which means that he'll be getting home REALLY late Saturday and Sunday nights - like 2am late! Inventory is stressful for managers, and although The Hubs is 'only' the Assistant (or Operations) Manager, I know it's very important their numbers come out well. So, here's to hoping that store 0425 has an AWESOME inventory! (As an aside: everyone go out and shop at Dillard's!!!)
Last night, Audrey and I got our hair cut. Here's a few pics:



2 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention that rash, Amber had something similar a few days ago and I'm guessing that's what it was. I'm so glad you don't have lymphoma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice hair! I cannot imagine having to go through all these medical issues! It is just so much... Good luck with everything and I hope everything turns out well in the end!!!

    ReplyDelete