Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Ball Is Rolling...

So... My doctor informed me in her mind there is no way this could actually be cat scratch. Just to give it one more go, she put me on a 7-day regimen of the z-pack (highest dose available). Neither one of us think this will have any effect on this, but I'm not doing anything else for a few days, so I might as well try.

I have my MRI next Thursday at 1:45pm. Then my follow up with the bone and joint doctor the following Monday, and we will talk about the biopsy/excision (and MRI results, I suppose?).

In the meantime, I am trying to get JT's paperwork in for the school district.

Our car is also totaled. We took it in to the mechanic, and it was running. Two days ago they said when they opened up the engine to replace leaking gaskets (which they said was the issue) the engine somehow exploded or something. They said they were partly at fault, and said they wanted to take a day to figure out what to do. The next day they said they were not at fault at all, and that it was our fault (because? Who knows...). Anyway, we're driving a rental car until Sunday, and hopefully getting a car in Little Rock from our buddy. It really sucks.

So, we have plenty to keep us busy without a bazillion appointments at this moment.

I still think it's b.s. that I didn't get my biopsy, but I have calmed down considerably. Anyone who knows me well can understand when things didn't go exactly as I planned, I kind of flew off the handle... A lot. It also doesn't help that recently my Zoloft stopped working, and I'm just getting on Cymbalta... So it's not really having any effect right now!

Well, we're off to Walgreen's to pick up the rest of my prescription (they don't carry very much of the high-dose azithromycin apparently). Then pick up daddy, and maybe take the kiddos to the McDonald's playplace.

Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun!... NOT!... it actually sounds like a lot of annoying drama. I am sorry Kate. What the hell is cat scratch by the way? I have never heard of it in my life. Here is something crazy to ponder... aparently the co-pay of my lexapro is going up from $50 to $70! Holy heck! That is way too much money!!! We are about to switch our insurance companies though so I'm hoping their co-pay will be different. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do.

    Well, thanks for that little vent and good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat scratch is transmitted by cat scratch or bite, it's a bacterial infection... I don't have it, but they REALLY want it to be what I have. Here's more info on it:
    http://www.cdc.gov/HEALTHYPETS/diseases/catscratch.htm
    Yeah, LOVE copays. Re-freaking-diculous. We also pay $260 A WEEK for our insurance and still have a $2500 PER PERSON deductible!!! So crazy...
    I'm glad we have a few healthy people in our family, or we would be SOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, Kate!! You keep on those doctors about this!! No one knows your body better than you. I work in a Peds Hem/Onc clinic and showed the picture of your lump to the other nurse. She was like it looks like cellulitis. I told her you had already been on 3 rounds of antibiotics and that the lump was solid and nontender. She was like "she needs to get that biopsied!!" I agree...to be on the safe side. What about IV antibiotics? Sometimes if it is a cellulitis, antibiotics by mouth aren't strong enough! (Some)Doctors (no offnse) are good at giving you the go around when diagnosing something like that. Good luck...keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete