Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yikes!

Time is going by too fast!

This week we have JT's IEP meeting, so he'll probably start school next Monday. I am SO nervous about that!

Then, my pre-op appointment is 3/9 at Vanderbilt, and surgery is on for Friday 3/13. I'm surgery #2, so I get there at 9am and surgery starts at 11am. It's a 5 hour surgery, so I'm a little nervous... Okay, a LOT nervous. But 'Bob' is making me feel SO sick, it is time for him to go!!!

I have been warned that I won't have much function post-op in my right arm. The incision may just be a 'Z' in my armpit - or it may go all the way up to my neck. It depends on if they can get it out using the smaller one. I also got the warning about the possibilities of negative outcomes... There is a vein and an artery on each side of the nerve, so if something happened (which it hasn't before, nor do we expect it to) I could lose my arm. Just about jumped out of my skin when he said that! They know about my morphine allergy, so hopefully no surprises for my nurses this time!!!

JT is counting to 13 (haha - just realized the relation to the paragraph above!), and Audrey has taught herself how to add... JT is still talking like crazy - my current favorite is (of course) Momma and 'Aw, man!' (just like Swiper!).

The Hubs's store did really well for the month of February - just hope that continues!

That's all for now, my hand REALLY hurts now when I type for too long.

Love to all -
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kate! You have a lot going on!!!

    It sounds like things are going pretty well, aside from Bob... I am glad he will be gone soon! The thought of losing your arm! Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine! That would freak me out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Isaac went through an "Aw Man!" stage not too long ago too. It was his reaction to anything remotely disappointing. So funny coming from the little guys.

    I'm glad your surgery is coming up sooner rather than later. I'll be thinking about you on the 13th and praying that all goes well and that your arm is good as new when it's all done. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete