Sunday, March 29, 2009

Church :-)

We all went today, and we all had a great time - including JT (no joke!). Amazing!

My doctor appointment went okay... She said she believes my 'non-stop' headache is a tension headache... She felt my base of my head (apparently where your muscles come together? I have a horrible memory about some things...) and noted it's severely tight there... My stabby pains in my cheek/jaw/face are neuralgia - the trigeminal nerve. What I hadn't posted on here yet was that my left foot is going numb again like it did a few years back (when MS came up the first time).

From there, she did a few tests, and of course, did my reflex test. Of course, she noted that my reflexes are crazy... And the 'MS' discussion came up again (without me mentioning that it had ever been mentioned before)...

So, she's booking me with a neurologist at Vanderbilt as soon as possible in June (hopefully June 1st). She is recommending a MRI and lumbar puncture to test for MS.

We don't think this is remotely connected to Bob. She felt Bob, and didn't say anything... I told her I don't feel him or even look at him anymore - there's no point... Nothing I can do if he is changing anyway, right? ;-) I prefer to be modestly ignorant.

Anyway... JT was in bed last night, and I asked him for a hug. He then GAVE ME A HUG!!! Then The Hubs came in and handed him his juice, and clear as a bell, JT said 'Tha you'. Mass hysteria in the form of kissing, hugging and yelling 'yay JTmy' ensued (by The Hubs, me and Audrey). Funny the things you take for granted (at least we did with Audrey... We would have never partied like that for a little thank you from her, lol).

Audrey got to go to her friend Ainsley's birthday party at the bowling alley yesterday. I discovered a few things about Audrey... First, she is VERY competitive. Second, she is a pretty good bowler (surprisingly). Sounds like her daddy... She is JUST like The Hubs, actually. Social, funny and LOVES games.

Then there was a tornado in Leiper's Fork. We were driving home, and as we passed under the Natchez Trace, I noticed cars pulled under the overpass... I thought, weirdos... Then I looked up and noticed the beautiful, blue sky in contrast to the horrible, black clouds... That looked like the edge was cut by a razor it was such a perfect line... Yeah, wall cloud. We made it home, and it didn't do anything at our house... One of those crazy moments where you realize it could have gone either way, though.

I do have to share this funny story... We were at the Disney store Friday. This lady was in there with her son, and the Little Mermaid was on the big tv. Her son was fascinated. 'Under the Sea' was blaring, and her son started dancing. She laughs, and goes, 'great song, awful movie'. I looked at the cashier, and we both kind of exchanged this look like, wtf? The cashier (braver than I am) asked her, 'What's so bad about it?'... Get this... She replies, 'Well, it just promotes the woman just give up everything and change everything about herself for the man.' Lest you think it ends there... 'I mean, she had it all great in mermaid-world, and now she's picking up some guy's underwear on land.'

I almost fell over... What?!?!

Plus, anyone who's watched the movie knows Ariel wanted to have legs WAAAAY before Eric!

1 comment: