Friday, February 20, 2009

Staycation

Our stay at home vacation has been wonderful... Relaxing, cleaning, taking the kids to do fun stuff... I can't believe how fast it's gone! The Hubs goes back to work Monday morning, and it'll be back to the daily grind again.
I'm still pretty bummed I didn't get to see my brother... But I know he understands, it's definitely not because I didn't want to be there... Because I was really looking forward to seeing him :(
I have my appointment Tuesday - it's coming up quickly, too. My regular doctor called and told me I can't wait until June, that the hospital will have to work something out with me. Sucks, but now it's starting to hurt bad enough I believe her. It's getting worse day-to-day, and comparing the size week to week is getting crazy... It's growing so fast.
Audrey and I are at the library... I overheard some people the next table over talking about how amazing it was that kids could work computers, and look at that little girl - she's got it all figured out and she's so young... How smart she is... I turned around, and they were pointing at Audrey! Made me smile :) My smart girl, indeed!
JT is napping at home with daddy. He was all played out. Wrestling with The Hubs has them tired by the end of the day... I'll miss that for sure when he goes back!
Onto some super-exciting news... I got offered an opportunity to write an article for Nike through one of my freelance sites!!! I am SO excited!
Now that we're well again, we're going to church (Emmanuel Presbyterian). We start a class at Vanderbilt for parents of kids with autism. It's Tuesday nights from 6:30-8:30pm. We really enjoyed the last class we took, so we're really looking forward to this one. It's so comfortable and fun to be with parents who truly *get* the weirdness of autism... And can laugh about it. It was an awesome experience.
I hope everyone is doing fantastic... We certainly have a lot of things looking up on our end!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you all are doing so well! It's good that you will get your lump handled now, especially if it is hurting you. I pray that all goes smoothly. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete