Sunday, March 22, 2009

JT, School and Lots of Driving

Yep, that's all that's really new around here.

JT started school last Monday. He seems to be okay with it... He goes Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:25 - 11:30am. He cried Thursday and Friday, which not only crushed me, but upset his big sister a LOT. She was so upset we had to leave him there crying...

Which leads to the funny school story of the week... JT fell asleep on his desk Friday. 3 years old and already falling asleep at school, LOL! He had also just gotten a (black) stamp on his hand, and so he looked all polka-dotted when we picked him up. He was so exhausted Miss Maggie (his teacher) had to carry him out. See, JT has been sleeping in this baby crib in his room that we just had in there to put stuffed toys in... He stays up and 'makes his bed' by pulling all his blankets and pillows off his REAL bed - then sleeping there. He does NOT want us doing it - so this is the new routine, I suppose.

We drive SO much now... We leave our house at 7am, drive The Hubs to work (about a 35-40 min drive), turn around, drive JT to school (45 min drive to an hour). Then I pick JT up at 11:30, we go home (about 25 min drive), then we pick daddy up at 6:15pm. It pretty much sucks, but I don't want JT on the bus - he's only 3!!! - and I don't think he's secure enough with the transition to school to successfully deal with the bus. Plus - mommy isn't ready to give that up yet... Another hour or more my baby would be gone... Nosiree.

I'm still dealing with the dang headache from hell. Have no clue what is going on, but we're coming up on about 6 weeks straight of it... And I can't handle much more. I have 2 months and some change until my insurance will pay for anything... But I may end up at the doc's office before then. My head is not doing so hot! Bob, on the other hand, has pretty much settled himself down and stopped growing (praise God!), so I'm feeling pretty good about the surgery having to wait - it wasn't the best case scenario, but at least Bob is behaving!

Audrey has a birthday party today at Chuck E Cheese (Happy Birthday Emily!), so we're all heading that way in just a bit.

That's all for now... Hope everyone else is doing well!

Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Kate... that doesn't sounds good about the extended headache... you probably should go to the doctor and check that out...

    It sounds like JT is doing pretty good at school... I wouldn't want my three-year-old riding a bus either... that sounds scary!...

    That does sound like a lot of driving though. A lot of gas. BOO!!!

    ReplyDelete