Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back on Track

Mom's been feeling under the weather for the past few weeks. But, now that the appendix is gone (along with 2 abdominal adhesions), things are looking up!

Thanks to nanny and great big nanny for coming to stay with us while mom was down and out.

The surgery was quick and relatively pain free. I had it Wednesday, and it's Sunday and there's zero pain. All in all a giant success :-)

If they could have taken it sooner, that would have been great. It was chronic appendicitis, which turns into acute but takes its time. Finally, after 11 doctor visits and 2 trips to the ER (and a lot of crying on mom's part, which is not normal), the surgeon decided it had to go. Not a minute too soon!

JT has been making huge progress! He knows 17 letters of the alphabet, and he was singing the song yesterday! He also counts to 4. He's using tons of words. I guess this is our 'explosion'. I show him a letter, and say 'what letter is this?' and he responds correctly! He has said 'more juice', 'yeah', 'uh-uh' (as in no), 'sissy', and many, many more! Yay JTmer!

We celebrated Halloween by heading over to Erin and Danny's house. Their little girl is just a little older than Audrey, and Audrey loves Ainsley. So, Audrey (the princess on the pony) had fun. Surprisingly, JT LOVED his costume. He was a monkey. I made sure to get a hoodie costume since last year the seperate hat did not go over well.

Just trying to get everything back on track now... JT's therapy schedule has been well, nonexistent (but he's making progress, so yay), so now we're going to have to start that up again.

The Hubs's still loving his job and his coworkers. I've been getting more projects and was surprised to find I'm 'google famous' (okay, so maybe I made that term up, but really!). I can google my name and my work stuff comes up - and takes up more than one google page of results ;-)

Well, we're off to hike or something... Time change is messing me up - I'm already hungry for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!... I am glad you are finally feeling better!... Good for you! And Congrats to JT on the progess! That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete