Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Awesome

JT has learned no, which sounds like 'doh'... And he says 'hey' all the time.

Instead of screaming at stoplights hysterically at the top of his lungs, he says "DOH! HEY! HEY! HEY!" Until we go. It is really cute and doesn't hurt my ears, so I am SO happy. And proud. What a good little man!

It's actually communication - he is using words to tell us he doesn't want something. Absolutely wonderful.

YAY FOR JTMY!!!!

He turns 3 next Tuesday (12/2). He is between 45 and 50 pounds... He likes to call himself a baby (my fault, I call him my baby all the time... So now when he gets upset he says "doh beebee" and wants me to 'fix' him :) ) He is one BIG baby! Although, it reminds me of those 3 days he was in the hospital after birth in the special care nursery... Those other babies were all 2-3lbs, and there was my 8 lb 3 oz man... Guess he's always been a big boy :-)

He's been walking with me without having to hold my hand (he stays right with me). He stays on the sidewalks, never gets more than 5-10 ft away. I even let him down in Dillard's yesterday, and he didn't run off. Seriously a HUGE milestone for him. Or any 2 year old really... They love to dart and weave in those clothing racks! But, I didn't have to chase him once.

He also helped me cook dinner the other day... I was making roast, and putting bouillon cubes in the crock pot. He stood on a stool and helped me add all of them and some spices. So cute!

I've been impressed with him around other kids, too. He doesn't really know how to play with them, but he follows them and kind of watches and laughs when they do silly things. It's really cute. It's great he's actually interested now!

No comments:

Post a Comment