Sunday, March 13, 2011

Next year, we're getting the shot.

Audrey has been super sick this past week.

She missed Monday with a stomach virus.

Tuesday, she went to school. She was fine Tuesday morning.

Tuesday afternoon, she told me her throat hurt her. I didn't really think anything of it until about 6pm, when she came into the kitchen sobbing because her throat hurt so bad. I felt her forehead, and immediately grabbed the thermometer. 101.7.

She started vomiting that night.

The peak was Thursday afternoon. She was fine one minute, wrapped up on the couch watching tv. Suddenly she was writhing and crying... Grabbed the thermometer. 102.9.

Gave her tylenol. Waited 20 min. 103.2. Called The Hubs to come home, he hurried back. Another 20 min pass. 102.7. Ibuprofen now, and cold washcloth baths. Another 20 min. 102.9. Thank God it fell after that. Every few minutes I was taking her temp, trying to decide if it was urgent care/ER time. Narrowly escaped that one. About 30 min later, she was down to 101. She got up, and promptly threw up everywhere. And for the first time in 2 days, her temp went down to 99.

During that long hour, Audrey looked at me and said, "Mom, I wish I would have just gotten the flu shot."

I hope she remembers that next year when we're in line. Because we're not doing this again if we can help it.

Audrey is now the proud recordholder of highest temperature by a kid in our house. Hoping that we don't ever contest this title. Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment