Saturday, September 6, 2008

Surprise!

Tonight the kids and I were coloring in the playroom while watching Dumbo. I've been really proud of JT lately - he LOVES to draw and color (not just on paper, but hey...). Well, I was drawing for him... I drew him a heart, and in the middle wrote LOVE (all caps).

He looked at it for a minute... Then looked at me and said... "O". At first I was thinking I missed the 'uh' part of 'uhoh' (he loves to play this game where we say uhoh in all different volumes/tones). But he kept saying "O". Finally I thought... No. He couldn't know that there's the letter "O" there. But when I pointed to it and said "JT, this IS the letter O, you're right!" He immediately said "E". I was like, holy crap. He knows at least 2 freaking letters by sight.

He NEVER says things like this... He babbles, but it's like a jumble. So that's definitely what he's saying. There's really no telling what all he knows.

I guess all those times he's been watching "Learning About Letters" he's been learning for real! It's a Sesame Street video, and Sesame Street taught me how to read... Like mommy, like son!

No comments:

Post a Comment