Saturday, February 6, 2010

Helping a Friend

(This is going to be another cross-post between my Ecrit Maman Blog and this one... sorry!)

I have a friend from Tennessee who is having a rough time. If you feel compelled or are able, her family is in desperate need of assistance.

Here is the story from one of her good friends:

Saturday, January 30: Around 2PM this afternoon, I spoke to my dear friend Kelly on the phone for about 20 minutes. We had a normal, run-of-the-mill conversation. A mere 10 minutes later, she was calling me again to inform me that she was "standing in the snow in her pajamas holding her baby watching a hole burn through the roof."

Kelly had a little boy, Lane, 8 days ago.
She also had a c-section 8 days ago.
She and her husband, Craig, have another 3-year old boy, Jack.

Their house - and the memories it held - are a total loss.


See Helping the Dever Family for more info on how you can help.

If nothing else, keep this family in your thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine having a newborn and a 3 year old and suddenly being homeless and with a complete loss of all my possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment