Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Well, Crap

Today I spent all day with doctors. First, an appointment with my GP. I told her I had a lump in my armpit (medical term: axillary, lol). It's been there for over a month... I thought it was a bone or joint (yes, I realize that sounds stupid. But how often do people really look at their armpits?).

Panic ensues. Doctor wants ultrasound and bloodwork NOW.

My last follow up for my hysterectomy was today. She did a thorough breast exam. No issues. But says the lump is not normal. Not breast-related, but not normal.

Go give blood. Won't have those results back until later this week.

Go get ultrasound. The lump is roughly 2 inches in diameter, and the crazy thing is the blood flow in it. I figured it wouldn't have any (based on no medical information, just guessing), but the doppler showed that baby in rainbow colors.

They informed me the radiologist was already writing up his report and would likely call me and my doctor tomorrow.

My ANA and other autoimmune tests were not back yet from the Vandy Walk-In Clinic. I figured they would take longer, so I'm not really disappointed. Plus I'm slightly busy with the other stuff.

The gyn advised me to call my general surgeon, since it will likely have to be removed. My GP says next step is biopsy (depending on ultrasound). My arm is pissed off from the ball getting pushed into my armpit nerves.

I'm broken.

3 comments:

  1. Kate! This all sucks! I am so sorry. You must be so stressed and annoyed by the endless medical concerns you are having to endure. I hope things turn out alright! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear... It's just an avalanche right now... UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, I'm so sorry to hear that more things are going wrong! Keep your chin up and think positive! I hope the New Year brings better days.

    ReplyDelete