Saturday, December 27, 2008

Here We Go Again...

If you think you get sick of hearing about my health problems, imagine how I feel dealing with them (hint: not fun!).
Today I had the opportunity to visit the Vanderbilt Walk-In Clinic (it was between that and the ER). Loved the doc. He was awesome.
I was feeling awful... My throat was so sore I was having a hard time swallowing, and I screwed up my back just pushing my mattress back (sciatic nerve pain = NO FUN) - which wouldn't have even happened if my freaking joints in my hands didn't hurt so bad! But, there I was, fever, pain and all, so off to the clinic I went.
I had no infection, just major inflammation. My white blood count was normal/high, but I had some sort of left shift that indicates overproduction of white cells. Nice. So, to rule out infection, they tested the urine, swabbed my throat, and inspected me thoroughly. Nada. So, it was inflammation.
I was the proud recipient of a steroid shot in the arse. And they drew blood to do autoimmune testing. I should have the results by Tuesday. ANA and something else... I've been dealing with alopecia (hair loss, receding hair line, nice) along with the horrid joint pain (feels like road rash all over certain joints). Whatever this is, it needs to stop now. I am *done*.
JT's almost done with his antibiotics, so his ear should be 'fixed' soon. Audrey's her normal ornery self. She's had some stomach issues, though it's not viral... It's from drinking too much apple juice.

We're hoping for a healthier year in 2009, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. my goodness Kate! This just all sounds awful! I am so sorry you are having such annoying health problems. It definitely does not sound fun... I hope your 2009 is healthier! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete