Saturday, September 5, 2009

School

We found out that JT will be going to Cary Elementary School!

Cary Elementary has been around a LOOOOONG time. The lot was set aside for the school in 1869, and the school opened in 1879. More about the history is on their history page.

That is so cool to me! We live on the East Coast now, which means things have been around a little longer than those in the mid-south (Arkansas and Tennessee). My mind just can't imagine something being around (and still in use) since 1879! That's 130 years old!!!

So, cool history. He'll be there from 8:20am - 3pm every day. Hopefully his teacher is as sweet as JT's teacher from his old schools. We have been blessed so far, and I'm sure we will continue to be. Our little boy is a sweet one, that's for sure ;)

He's starting 9/14. A week from Monday...

He'll be using the transportation... I'm thinking to get him used to it, I'm going to drive him the first few days, and let them bring him home. That way he knows them, and 'gets' what's going on. I think trying to put him in the transportation (it's a 'cab' made for special needs kids - contracted out) FROM our house would be a big mistake, as he wouldn't know them, and would feel like I was just shipping him off. I'm very big on making sure JT knows we love him, and that he can count on us. I feel like this is the best way to help him deal with riding with someone else.

Anyway, very exciting!!! And a pretty darn cool school, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment