Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Woven together.


It's amazing how much my day, my mood, my everything depends on JT.

A bad day can turn around with a single, seemingly tiny accomplishment. A good day can be smashed to bits by a 'needs work'. I can reach near euphoric levels when something spectacular happens. I can cry myself to sleep for weeks when we're going through a rough patch.

I try to separate myself. But it doesn't work.

For the past 4 years, I have worked with JT. In helping him, I had to really know him. Way more than you have to know a typical child, I had to really learn everything about him. I had to know what would set him off at any given moment. I had to be able to predict what situations would be tolerable, and which ones were too much for him. I had to know when I could push him to do more, and when pushing would cost us dearly in terms of progress and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment