Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy 7th Birthday, Audrey!

7 years ago today, a beautiful baby girl was born.

I am so, so proud of that little (big) girl.

She has grown into an incredibly intelligent little girl. Never would I have imagined myself searching google twenty (or more) times a day for my 7 year old (flamingos are pink because of shrimp and algae, cats' tongues have fingernail-like keratin formed in hooks to give it that rough feel, for example). I love the way she thinks about things, the way her face lights up when something clicks, the neverending curiosity that she has.

Perhaps my favorite thing about Audrey is her kindness and compassion. I have never met a child that is as sweet, giving and understanding as Audrey is. She has always been called an "old soul", and it becomes more evident as time goes on that she is something very special. She wants to help everyone - and jumps at the chance to help anyone. Everyone is a friend... Her response when someone compliments her on her kindness is telling: "S/He's my friend. We always help our friends."

Audrey challenges me every day to be a better person, to try to be like HER. She is everything and more I could ever ask for in a daughter.

I love you, Audrey. Happy, happy birthday to my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment