Friday, March 19, 2010

Surgery

My ankle arthroscopy is all done! I'm in my splint, which they will replace with a hard cast at my post-op appointment next week. Then the hard cast stays for 3 weeks.

Surgery went well as far as I know. The Hubs had JT out in the car, so my surgeon didn't get a chance to talk to him. He handed me two sheets of pictures (8 pics per page) of the inside of my ankle (the arthroscopy camera's view) and said that we'd discuss the pics at my appointment next week. It looks like he may have been right about the cartilage or something. Whatever it was, I'm certain he cleaned it up. Yay for being done!

The Hubs is being so sweet. He took off Wednesday, worked a little while yesterday, and a half day today. He's off all weekend. :)

I am so thankful for a wonderful friend taking my kids to school this morning. The Hubs's new director of stores (his boss' boss) was in town, and being that The Hubs had never met him, he couldn't exactly be late to their first meeting. She took both JT and Audrey to school. So very sweet.

Audrey and JT are both being really sweet and gentle. They think my crutches are toys (hey, they DO look like fun when you don't have to use them in all fairness), but they bring them back after a minute or two.

I'm getting used to the crutches and hopping. They're much harder than they look!

Hope everyone is doing well... I'm off to continue sleeping. I am flat out exhausted! I think it's my body telling me to take it easy (yesterday I ignored it and tried to ride with The Hubs to take the kids to school. Let's just say it was a good thing there was a plastic bag in the car... YUCK).

No comments:

Post a Comment