Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Moving is Exhausting


Even JT thinks so!

Seriously, though... We've been moving and grooving... Down to about 15 boxes. It's amazing how much STUFF you accumulate!

I got awesome news today - JT is probably going to be in the full-day program here. It is very structured, and is for autistic children. They use the TEACCH approach - which is different from our preferred ABA.. But we've never tried TEACCH. It sounds great at least :)

The bad news is my gallbladder is apparently pissed off. I have been having pain in the upper part of my right abdomen for over a week, and I finally went to the doctor. He pushed on my belly, and it hurt like hell. I think it's called Murphy's Sign. I am off for an ultrasound Friday to see if I have gallstones or gallbladder problems. If so, he is referring me to a surgeon, and he said he wants me to have the surgery (if there are problems on the ultrasound). As I was flipping out (I believe I was a little overzealous in asking him why my body is falling apart, when would it stop, etc) he was very reassuring, and said there's still a small chance it could just resolve itself. Hanging on that thread right there...

So, I'm all over the place (and not just because I'm bipolar!). I'm happy - JT is going into a great program, they're really excited about him, and excited about helping me. Big difference from what I was thinking this would be like. Turns out meetings were causing the slowness, not lack of caring. Phew! Audrey's first day of Kindergarten is next Thursday, and we go for a meet and greet that morning. We got her teacher assignment and everything. School stuff is all taken care of - YAY!

So, maybe heading for surgery #4 in a year. Fun stuff. I told The Hubs if so, he's just gonna drop me off and pick me up. I'm a freaking pro. Take care of my kids, and get me when it's over. Blah!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that things are going well with the new school! We all miss JT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are going well with JT and school!... but I am bummed that you are yet again facing a "health crisis"... BOO!

    ReplyDelete