Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Last Call...

Today is my last day with a Pre-K Audrey. Tomorrow, my little girl starts 'big kid school' - aka Kindergarten.

She's at Weatherstone Elementary, which is super close (3 miles) from our house. She'll ride the bus (though not tomorrow) and everything.

In the morning, Audrey and I go to her classroom, where I get to 'Meet the Teacher' from 9-9:45am. I fill out paperwork (family info, etc) and talk to the teacher a bit about my baby girl. Then they kick us parents out, and my baby stays there until her regular dismissal time - 3:45pm.

She doesn't go back until Monday... This week is Kindergarten assessments, spread out over Wed., Thurs. and Fri. So 1/3 of the class comes in each day to kind of ease them in, and let the teachers get quality assessments and a good look at each individual child.

Dang, mommy is emotional!!! Totally didn't expect to be THIS sad! Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be over it... I'll definitely have to put on a brave face at least in front of the girl.

After today, she's in school for 13 long years, then college. :(

2 comments:

  1. Wow!... Big girl Audrey!!!

    I like the way they handle the beginning of Kindergarten (doing the assessments spread out over a few days and such). It sounds like a good idea!

    Well, good luck Audrey (and mommy)! I am sure y'all will both do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kindergarten?! What a big girl! Be brave, Kate. :)

    ReplyDelete