Friday, July 31, 2009

Getting Established

In case anyone out there doesn't know, moving sucks. Bad.

I'm not saying I don't like it here (I love it). I'm just ready to live in a house and have my stuff. Hotel living is pretty fun, and I really can't say enough WONDERFUL things about Marriott Residence Inn... I'm just missing 90 percent of my clothes and everything else!

I have also started talking to the school district... With Audrey, registration will be a breeze. But the special ed department is already giving me problems. Not a good sign.

Really? It seems so awful that anyone would make it harder for disabled kids to get what they need. Our families have plenty of other issues to work through... And then we have to learn the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Educational Act) so we don't get screwed (as in, our kids get screwed). This happens more often than not. I truly believe people who screw kids with disabilities and their families have a special place reserved in hell. You just can't go much lower than that.

So, my agenda for the weekend is to learn our IDEA rights in this specific screwing-situation so I make sure JT starts school here with his peers.

And if that doesn't get them moving, we'll have to hire an advocate. Not happy about that.

1 comment: