Saturday, July 11, 2009

Audrey

I can't believe Audrey is 5 today. I remember this day (and the one before) back in 2004. I was 37 weeks pregnant, huge and I was having a horrid day. I had been in Jacksonville to see The Hubs during his lunch (he worked at Wal-Mart at the time). I shopped for groceries after lunch, and I felt sicker and sicker. I had to do deep breathing the whole way home (30 minutes!) just to get there. I parked my car, sprinted inside and 'lost my lunch'. I didn't feel better.

I decided I must be dehydrated, so I called my doctor. He told me he'd meet me at the hospital (I didn't question at the time why he'd be there for dehydration). I called The Hubs, and told him I'd just go alone... But he wanted me to wait.

I was awful by the time I got to the ER. My stomach was MAD. I thought my contractions were 6-10 min apart. (Turns out they were 1.5 to 2 minutes apart. Whoops!) As I was squirming, two ladies in the waiting area told me I was in labor. I laughed.

They put me in L&D and hooked me up to all their gadgets. The nurse called my doctor, and came in to tell me I was having a baby. I told her that I was NOT, and besides, I didn't even have the car seat installed! She laughed and calmed me down.

Needless to say, Audrey Michelle Duzan was born at 4:30am on July 11, 2004. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I was absolutely in awe, and totally in love.

Today, Audrey is not that little baby. She has grown into a sweet, caring, gorgeous little girl who surprises me every day with her intelligence and compassion.

I can't describe how lucky we are to have Audrey. She adores her brother, and helps him with everything. I don't know where JT would be without her. She is one of the big reasons he is doing so well.

Audrey is our princess. I always tell her she's my heart, and she truly is.

Audrey - Happy #5. You are a dream come true little lady. I am so very lucky to be the mommy of such a special girl.

2 comments: