Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Week From Hell

This week has been a rough one. I am so glad its over and I can try again.

It all started Monday, when The Hubs and I realized I really lost our only set of keys to our car. We moved furniture, scoured the house... No luck. I didn't even remember getting home the day before - literally had no memory of it - so I couldn't backtrack.

The Hubs managed to use our (free) Roadside Assistance to get our car towed to the dealership, and they made him a (free) key. Still, we had to reschedule JT's appointment to get his tooth capped and Audrey's teeth cleaned for Wednesday.

Wednesday comes. JT has NEVER spit out medicine. So when the hygenist asked if I needed the dentist to administer the conscious sedation (liquid meds) I refused.

Yep, he spit it out - the first 1/2 of it. I managed to get the rest in. They can't redose since they don't know how much *exactly* he swallowed.

So he was only partly sedated. It took 5 people holding him down to get it done... But it is done...We all survived!

Fast forward to Friday. I get a call from surgery scheduling that my insurance company rejected the pre-authorization, and said I wasn't covered until 1/1/2010. They said I had to wait until the start of the next calendar year AFTER my year anniversary (6/1/2009).

I lost it. The Hubs called the insurance company and then HR at Dillard's. Dillard's took over and told us they were sure I did have coverage. After a FULL DAY of going over the contract with the insurance company, they apologized and said it was a mistake. That some person manually sets you back up, and that person has been on vacation.

Riiiiiiiight. So a giant company like Great-West/Cigna has manual updates? And that person that talked to the billing dept knew *exactly* what they were looking at.

Thank God Dillard's went to bat for us. I am sure it would not have had a happy ending otherwise.

Again, thank God its over.

Praying that next week is better!

Here's our schedule:
JT has summer school M-Th 8-11
Tues - Neurology 3pm
Thurs - Cardiology 1:30pm
Fri - preop - 9am

1 comment:

  1. Busy week. I'm so glad the surgery is back on... Bob is almost gone... thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete