Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hello, 2013!

Usually I do a 'top ten of' list that covers the last year.

I decided not to do that this year. Mainly because it was a pretty darn rough year for us. I didn't want all of my top ten to be 'we survived ______'. We came out better for it, and we're doing great now, but it was tough on all of us!

Instead, I figure I'll go over my New Years' Resolutions. There's more than one of course.. what can I say, I'm an overachiever (okay, and the OCD means I LOVE lists, and it's a socially acceptable list! Woohoo!).

1. Be more involved at the kids' school. I've actually started on this one :)
2. Lose the last of my weight. I've lost 25 so far (yay me!), but still have some to go. I'm pretty confident that this one will be done by March. I love running, and am getting consistent with my workouts and my mileage is increasing.
3. Run 13.1 miles. I would say 'run a half marathon', but the truth is I'm not big on organized events. I like to decide where I'm going when I get there. It's just about the only thing in my life I'm spontaneous about, haha! I love the freedom of running alone and wherever I want.
4. Improve my health and my kids' health. I'd love to say my husband, too, but he is just about the healthiest person I know. Plus, he won't take supplements... Probiotics, vitamin D, multivitamins... I need to be more consistent with taking (and giving) them.
5. Be a better mom/wife/clean the house better/yadda yadda yadda. The obligatory New Years' resolution!
6. Learn APA formatting. This sounds absolutely absurd, but I suck at APA. And, of course, it's a big part of graduate school. This falls under a bigger umbrella of 'continue to work hard on my courses'.


So, those are my resolutions.

They're reasonable, doable and all make me better.

Here's to a better 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment