Saturday, October 13, 2012

Choosing happiness.

Today I woke up and made a decision.

Happiness sometimes isn't circumstance, but choice.

I am choosing to see the positive from this week. And really, there is some good stuff that happened.

  • JT has an awesome school team. They want to support him. They love him. Every single person from his teachers to the counselor and psychologist just want to help. 
  • JT's doctor is great. He called after our incident, and apologized, even though it wasn't his fault. He also asked me, "What can I do for you, for JT?" He told me he fully supported us. Which is an awesome thing. 
  • We found out JT is distracted/not participating in math in the resource room because he's bored out of his mind. His teacher moved him up to the 3rd grade math group late this week, and he's actually participating and enjoys it (despite the rough week). She told me how great he was at math and she picked up on it instantly, that he's above a 3rd grade level but needs to learn how to show his work at that level first before she can move him further up. 
  • Audrey is crazy amazing. JT still says, "You HATE me!" whenever anyone gets upset with him. Without any discussion with her, she immediately turned around and said, "I do NOT hate you. I love you. But I am REALLY mad at you right now." What 8 year old would do that in the middle of a fight with her brother? My amazing Audrey. 
  • We started a new rewards program at his school. It was an idea I had that his team got SO excited about. If it goes well, we may not have to consider medication anyway. That would rock. 
  • Last, but certainly not least, we have some awesome friends and family. So many people have checked on us this week and offered help or a shoulder. I am so thankful. 

So we're going to do what we do... pick ourselves up and move on.

Next week will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment