Friday, November 11, 2011

Shots

:(

Today, JT had to get immunizations.

It was sad.

We've been behind for a while... even though JT never had a reaction to shots, I know there are a lot of moms of kids with autism who swear their kids had a reaction and lost skills or developed major issues. Yes, I've read the scientific articles that they don't. But I still question it in the back of my mind, and we've come so far... it would CRUSH me if we lost any of it.

But I know that if JT were to acquire any of the illnesses that vaccines prevent and I hadn't done it (which is more likely than a reaction to said vaccines) I would never forgive myself.

So today we braved the shots.

It was sad holding him still to get not one, not two, but FOUR separate injections :(

He was SO brave, though. He didn't fight me, he just cried a little and was a little distraught after we were done. No big tears, no fits, no meltdowns.

He finished, and was wiping the tears off his face, and turned around and said, "Now I not gon get sick, momma." Yay for understanding! He was listening when I told him we get shots so we don't get sick, and knew what was happening.

Then they brought him the treat basket, and he picked out two suckers, and promptly turned and gave one to Audrey.

I should probably mention that she cried for him more than he cried for himself.

Definitely feel blessed that I have two kids who love each other so much... so sweet.

1 comment: