Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wow!

We're down to five weeks and two days until Bob is gone! (That's 37 days if you're counting like I am). Only four weeks til my neurology appointment, and cardiology is soon after (hey, after my hysterectomy scare, I am making sure I am going to wake up from this one!).

I am still in shock that in our wonderful country, health care is not guaranteed to those who need it. I'm even paying for it, and not getting it. Private health insurance companies are out of control, and we, as Americans need to make sure that it stops.

Here are some crazy thoughts for you:
Your medical tests depend on approval from a non-medical person based solely on their (non-medical school) judgement.
They don't know you, your doctor does, but their opinion determines what you can or can't have done.
In order to get a medical doctor to review a rejection, you have to request it thru the insurance company (and they don't have to do it).
Insurance companies can write anything in their clauses (such as my case - a first year max even though none were pre-existing conditions) and you don't have a damn thing you can do to fight it.
To them, you are a number. It's all about their bottom line. There is no way they can be working for you AND trying to make a profit. It doesn't make sense. They have a HUGE conflict of interest, and you will ALWAYS lose to them making more money. They are a business.

As soon as I am recovered from all my medical drama, I am going to start volunteering for organizations interested in health care (specifically insurance) reform or complete overhaul. It is rediculous that this is what we accept. Did you know that America is one of the only developed countries in the world where health insurance is NOT guaranteed? We lived in England for two years... And we used the health care there. I didn't see a difference. Private health care wants to scare us all into thinking we won't receive care if we turn it over to the government... But of course they do... That's where they make their money!

Anyway... Just thought I'd share some of the rediculous discoveries I've made during my time with Bob. I hope you learned something ;)

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment