Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Brushing

Add this to the list of things-I-thought-wouldn't-work... Only it DOES work. For JT at least.

Its called brushing therapy, and its kind of a deep pressure brushing with this special brush (pictured). The input from brushing actually calms JT down.

I gotta be honest... I love the OT, but I thought this was just a bunch of phooey... Until I started doing it at home.

JT started kissing us the week after brushing was started. He likes it, too (I don't blame him, it feels pretty good).

Who knows how long it will be effective for... But I am glad I was wrong! Sweet!

JT is done with the regular school year. We all went to his ice cream sundae party yesterday for his last day of school. He got a sweet award - for "Making me smile every day!". How precious! ESY is the 2-3 week of June and then again in July.

Oooo - and Bob's gone 4 weeks from tomorrow!

YAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of good things!... YAY for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting about the brushing. What does he brush with it? Himself? I'm so glad that things are going well with JT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We brush him. Each arm, then his back, then his legs.

    ReplyDelete