Wednesday, December 12, 2007

JT the Stuntman


My son has a one goal in his life. To give me a heart attack.

It all started when he ate the penny. Then he broke his arm. He pulled our tv down on top of himself.

He has a new trick. He jumps off things.

Not a big deal when it's a bed and he's jumping into a pile of blankets and pillows. I can handle that.

Now he moved on to the kitchen table.

He climbed up, harassing a cat. Innocent enough. I mean, what two year old hasn't climbed onto a table? Then he remembered something. Mom isn't scared enough. So he stands up, looks me right in the eye, and walks to the edge. I wasn't close enough to stop him, so immediately the bargaining and pleading begin.

"JTmy - nonono baby! JTmy, can you get the kitty? JTmy, I'll do whatever you want, just don't..." Too late.

He lands, two-footed, and takes off running. And needless to say, laughing, probably at me.

My heart is still recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment